Monday, 27 January 2014

A Special Visit

 
My Mom is coming for a visit. She gets here Wednesday morning. I am very excited! I haven't seen her since Sebastian was born three years ago. That's way too long to go without seeing your mother. I've really missed her.

A girl just needs to see her mom sometimes. To sit and talk and not be lonely. We talk every day. A few times. I know that makes me weird but I don't really care. Whenever I need my mom she's there. I love that she is retired from government work and now has her own little business. She has the time to pick up the phone whenever I call. I've really needed her lately and I'm so glad she's coming.

We've planned lots of walks and talks. She wants to get to know Sebastian and we want to do some sightseeing. I'm really looking forward to it!

9 comments:

  1. Fun, fun. Enjoy every minute! I remember when I first started reading your blog your Mom was visiting-right around when Sebastian was born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! I can't imagine going that long without seeing my mom, but now that we live here I know it will happen at some point. Life gets busy and travel isn't cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I live in Scotland too, and am originally from Norway.
    Have really enjoyed reading your blog and have added it to my bookmarks :)

    If you want to check out my blog, it's skotskrutet.blogg.no

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful your Mum is coming. I miss my Mum since I moved, and do not know how long it will be before I see her in person again so I am beginning to understand your feelings after you have not seen her for so long. Have a great time, enjoy all those moments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo excited for you and Sebastian to be able to have this time with your mom. That would truly be the hardest part of living abroad, the lack of extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're enjoying your time with her. 3 years?! Wow. Savor every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome you get to see your mom! I don't know if I could go 3 years without seeing mine. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright, I am finally delurking myself! Since applying for a job in Glasgow I've been hooked on your blog; it has been so helpful. Yesterday morning my husband was offered a job as a Physician Associate at the Golden Jubilee hospital. We have been praying about this opportunity since early December and even though it's a huge pay cut, it will mean lot's more family time and it feels right. We are very excited. We have three children 7, 5 and 3. I've made your potato salad recipe and read every single post since you started this blog in my obsession to get a feel for life in the UK. Anyway, there is much we have in common and some things we don't but after reading so much of your blog I feel we could be friends! Too bad you no longer live in Glasgow, but I'd love to meet up with you some time if you're up for it :) Leah

    ReplyDelete